Get an account that is suited for you, Life Start Student Account from FNB is the way to go, If you’re between 18 and 26 and studying towards a degree or diploma (minimum three years), apply for this account and receive benefits specifically designed for students. Hit the high note with FNB’s Life Start Student Account!
Why do I need this?
No doubt you have a lot on your mind right now! You’ve just finished school and are getting ready to take that next step up. After 12 years at school you’re ready to cut loose. There’s a big, wide world out there and the decisions you make now will affect the rest of your life. No pressure!
There are some pretty major challenges ahead. At FNB we believe in your potential to change the world. Managing your cash and financing your studies should be the least of your worries.
Our Life Start Student Account gives you hassle-free student money management and you don’t need to worry about expensive bank charges.
What can I do with it?
The Life Start Student Account is a card-based transmission account with the following features:
- You can use this debit card to pay for goods and services at all major retailers in South Africa, and to withdraw funds from an ATM
- No minimum balance required!
- Access you account anywhere, anytime with Free Cellphone, Telephone and Online Banking subscription.
- Keep track of all your transactions with a free inContact subscription, giving you SMS or e-mail notification of any transaction over R100 on your bank account
- Balance alert, so you always know how much cash you have!
- With a Life Start Student Account, you could apply for a student loan to help finance further studies
eWallet from FNB
The eWallet from FNB allows you to send money to anyone with a valid South African cellphone number instantly. This means your parents can pay your allowance directly to your cellphone or you can make payments straight to your friends cellphone’s from your FNB transactional account.
Once you have the money in your eWallet, you can withdraw money from a FNB ATM; use the money to make payments to other cellphones; buy merchandise online (without a credit card); buy prepaid airtime and more.
Learn how to use the innovative product now with our online tutorial.
Cell Pay Point from FNB
Cell Pay Point is an easy to use, secure and reliable online payment solution, which enables you to pay registered online merchants using your cellphone.
You can either pay from your FNB transactional account or from your FNB eWallet without ever having to enter any personal payment details online.
Learn how to use this simple, safe and reliable service with our free online tutorial.
What will it cost?
For more information on our Life Start Student Account pricing:
- FNB Pricing Guide: 1 July 2012 – 30 June 2013
Do I qualify?
The Life Start Student Account is for full time students who:
- Are under 25 years of age
- Are studying at a recognised tertiary educational institution
- Are studying towards a degree or diploma (minimum duration 3 years)
- Do not have permanent employment
You can use this at:
- Online Banking
- Cellphone Banking
- Telephone Banking
- FNB branches
You can get this at
- Online Banking
- 0860 FASTAP (0860 327 827)
- FNB branch
What do I need to do?
You will require the following documentation:
- Valid proof of admission or registration at your tertiary education institution
- A valid green bar-coded South African Identity Document (if you are a South African citizen)
- Your passport with a valid study permit or permanent resident certificate (if you are a non-South African citizen)
- Proof of residence (e.g. university acceptance letter or a store account reflecting your name and address)
Time to make your money work for you!
It’s never too early to start investing! FNB offers a variety of affordable investment options suitable for the ambitious student. Here are some investment options:
FNB has made it simple for you to invest on the JSE! For as little as R100 a month you too can start investing on the JSE. FNB shows you how, step-by-step…
Watch your stash grow!
This is the ultimate savings account for those of you who have big plans; like saving for a car or starting your own business. It’s basically a savings account on steroids! The 32-day Interest Plus Account not only pays you interest, but helps lock away your money with a 32-day notice mechanism. This means that if you want to withdraw your cash, you have to give the bank 32 days notice of your withdrawal. A product that helps you save, plan ahead on how you want to use your bucks and allows the bank to give you maximum interest on your savings. This kind of savings account works brilliantly alongside a transaction account, like Life Start Student Account.
Finance your studies
At FNB we want you to work hard and play hard! Student life should not just be about studying, working in a restaurant and debt repayments. FNB’s Life Start Student Loan is the most convenient way to finance your studies with loans from R4,000 to R60,000 per academic year.
Graduate Development Programme
If innovation, writing your own paycheck and being part of a programme that cares about your personal career development, is what you are looking for, then FNB’s Graduate Development Programme is for you! Check it out!
FNB Fund’s Bursary Programme
FNB’s motto is How can we help you? – We would like to assist you to grow to your full potential. The FNB Fund’s Bursary Programmeprovides tertiary education financing to students with academic potential who require financial assistance. There are no work or pay-back clauses, so apply today!
For more information or to apply for a student loan visit your nearest FNB branch or FNB ATM
Or call us on 0861 40 40 40.