It has never been easy studying without a reliable finance, so fnb has a solution for that with A Life Start Student Loan is suitable to finance higher and further education.
Why do I need this?
Get a student loan from R4 000 to finance further and higher education including books and tuition fees.
What can I do with it?
- Pay tuition fees directly to the University/educational institution
- Service only the interest portion whilst completing your studies and start repaying interest plus capital after graduation
- Consider your no obligations quote, which is valid for 10 days
What will it cost?
The monthly repayment amount is based on your risk profile and the terms of the loan.
Do I qualify?
To apply for a student loan, your parent or sponsor must be permanently or self employed; should have worked for the same employer or in the same industry for a reasonable period of time; and should be able to afford the monthly repayments. His/her credit record as well as bank account conduct will also be taken into consideration.
What documentation do I need to apply?
You will require the following documentation:
- A valid green bar-coded South African Identity Document for the parent as well as the student
- Non-FNB customer: original bank statements for the last 3 months
- Most recent pay slips / proof of employment:
- One month’s pay slip if paid monthly
- Two if paid fortnightly
- Four if paid weekly
- Provide a quote from the University/educational institution.
You can get this at
- Call us on 0861 40 40 40
- Your nearest FNB branch
For more information about the Lifestart Student Loan, visit your nearest FNB branch, or
Call us on 0861 40 40 40.
Life Start Student Loan